Self Preservation: Caring for Volunteers and Ourselves
Tuesday, January 17th – 8:30-11:00 at Living Legacy
Speaker – Daviid Wurzel, PE, MAc, LAc
To Register, e-mail the MCDVS Secretary, Alice Donuhue at MCDVS2@gmail.com
More info to come
Elements of Volunteer Management Training Has been canceled. This event will attempt to be rescheduled in the Spring
Legal Issues: Tort Law & Mentoring Roundtable
Tuesday, November 1st, 8:30-11:00am
Speaker: Jack Condliffe, Principle, Levin & Gann
Location: Living Legacy Foundation, Halethorpe
Thank you Jack Condliffe for a very insightful and thorough description of basic laws and cases that have occurred in the volunteer management world. Through the roundtable questions we have gained valuable information that will help us lead our programs with a clearer conscious and with a stronger direction.
Who to Ask for General Questions
Membership – Anne Marie Riehl – firstname.lastname@example.org
Elements – Barbara Hilt – email@example.com
General Questions – MCDVS2@gmail.com
Inclement Weather – If you are unsure due to weather if a workshop will take place please refer to the status of Baltimore County Schools. If they are closed then there will be no workshop. If they are open, we will have the workshop.
Please find the link to the 2016-2017 MVCDVS Brochure. It has great information about up-coming workshops, membership information, historical information, and more.
Join MCDVS today!
Our Members: Our members represent a variety of fields including arts and culture, education, juvenile and youth services, volunteer centers and many more. Our members titles include Executive Director, Program Manager, Project Coordinator, Human Resource Director, Events Coordinator, Director of Volunteer Services to name a few.
- Paid or unpaid managers of volunteer services programs
- Retired and former administrators of a volunteer program
- Professional administrators and consultants in the field of volunteerism
- Those with a vested interest in the field of volunteer services
What Membership Means for You…
- Participation at four meetings each year that feature networking opportunities and diverse educational programs
- Full access to the MCDVS website, including membership directory, job announcements, newsletters, professional networking, member of surveys and more
- Member discounts and eligibility for scholarships for MCDVS trainings, such as Elements of Volunteer Management Course and Professional Development Day
- Guidelines and advice from an experienced mentor
- Development of leadership skills through committees and Board involvement, and mentoring opportunities
- The opportunity to affiliate with Maryland’s oldest and most respected volunteer administrator’s professional association