Professional Development Day
60th Annual Meeting
Friday, June 10th
The Sparrows Point Country Club – 919 Wise Ave Sparrow Point, MD 21222
9:00am to 3:00pm
$10.00 MCDVS Members and $20.00 Non-Members
Morning Topic – The Changing Volunteer World
Special Speaker – Tom Endres – Currently the n4a (National Association for Area Agencies on Aging) Director of the Aging Network Volunteer Collaborative/Resource Center, Tom is recognized nationally for his leadership in government and the nonprofit sector related to National and Community Service.
Afternoon Topic – Day to Day Volunteer Challenges – An informal discussion forum of questions regarding the problems and concerns you deal with daily
The registration form for this event can be accessed by this link – MCDVS PDD registration form 2016
In order to secure a seat, your payment must be submitted along with your registration form no later than Tuesday, May 31st, 2016. Upon acceptance of registration, a confirmation letter including directions will be sent out.
Checks should be made payable to: MCDVS. Return registration form and payment to:
Linda Dennis, MSW, CMC
Partners in Care, Inc
Member Care Coordinator
90B Ritchie Hwy
Pasadena, MD 21122
Join MCDVS today!
Our Members: Our members represent a variety of fields including arts and culture, education, juvenile and youth services, volunteer centers and many more. Our members titles include Executive Director, Program Manager, Project Coordinator, Human Resource Director, Events Coordinator, Director of Volunteer Services to name a few.
- Paid or unpaid managers of volunteer services programs
- Retired and former administrators of a volunteer program
- Professional administrators and consultants in the field of volunteerism
- Those with a vested interest in the field of volunteer services
What Membership Means for You…
- Participation at four meetings each year that feature networking opportunities and diverse educational programs
- Full access to the MCDVS website, including membership directory, job announcements, newsletters, professional networking, member of surveys and more
- Member discounts and eligibility for scholarships for MCDVS trainings, such as Elements of Volunteer Management Course and Professional Development Day
- Guidelines and advice from an experienced mentor
- Development of leadership skills through committees and Board involvement, and mentoring opportunities
- The opportunity to affiliate with Maryland’s oldest and most respected volunteer administrator’s professional association