Installation of 2016-2017 Board Members
Professional Development Day & 60th Anniversary was a Success!
Friday, June 10th at the Sparrows Point Country Club Tom Endres from n4a – (The aging network volunteer collaborative resource center) spoke to the 40 plus participants about the benefits, challenges, and innovative ways of using the 6000 people who retire each day in this country. We also had a fantastic afternoon session as we held an open forum asking what challenges some people had with their programs. It was a great learning experience for all who attended.
Some helpful links: www.n4a.org and www.sdvnetwork.com
Join MCDVS today!
Our Members: Our members represent a variety of fields including arts and culture, education, juvenile and youth services, volunteer centers and many more. Our members titles include Executive Director, Program Manager, Project Coordinator, Human Resource Director, Events Coordinator, Director of Volunteer Services to name a few.
- Paid or unpaid managers of volunteer services programs
- Retired and former administrators of a volunteer program
- Professional administrators and consultants in the field of volunteerism
- Those with a vested interest in the field of volunteer services
What Membership Means for You…
- Participation at four meetings each year that feature networking opportunities and diverse educational programs
- Full access to the MCDVS website, including membership directory, job announcements, newsletters, professional networking, member of surveys and more
- Member discounts and eligibility for scholarships for MCDVS trainings, such as Elements of Volunteer Management Course and Professional Development Day
- Guidelines and advice from an experienced mentor
- Development of leadership skills through committees and Board involvement, and mentoring opportunities
- The opportunity to affiliate with Maryland’s oldest and most respected volunteer administrator’s professional association